KS2 Technologies will be attending and presenting at Collaborate, Oracle’s largest technology and applications forum, for the third year in a row. As an Oracle Gold Partner, KS2 has several informative sessions planned for the week, including two featured presentations.
Monday, April 3, 9:45am – 10:45am, So You Think You Can BI Publisher?
Presenters: Chris Sinkwitz, Meritage Home’s Director Application Development and Richard Nuskind, Developer and Functional Consultant
Located at Surf E, this presentation will focus in on how Meritage Homes and KS2 Technologies have streamlined form printing processes using advanced BI Publisher techniques. This session is intended for users looking to learn about the advanced capabilities of BI Publisher as well as developers and power users who already have a basic understanding of BI Publisher. Attendees at this session will:
- Review the distribution abilities of BI Publisher including bind and burst, email, and data-based printer selection.
- Learn how to implement advanced techniques in BI Publisher related to RTF Templates.
- Learn how to implement custom 2D Barcodes and QR Barcodes, then discuss what native 2D Barcodes are available in JD Edwards.
- Discuss check requirements and how to streamline MICR line testing.
Wednesday, April 5, 4:15pm – 5:15pm, Do’s and Don’ts of World to E1 Upgrades
Presenters: Dan Shinedling, Jr., CEO and Viplav Sinho, Manager, Functional Consultant
Located at Lagoon F, this session will focus on the best practices to perform successful World to E1 upgrades. This session is intended for functional and technical users currently using JD Edwards World. This session discuss the common pitfalls and problems involved in migrating systems. Attendees at this session will:
- Evaluate technical baseline considerations for an upgrade including any common issues found in the technical migration. Review how to design test plans to ensure that all functionality is still working.
- Learn how to leverage JD Edwards’ data scrubbing programs to minimize manual data integrity issues, as well as which integrity reports to run to verify successful transition.
- Learn the common problems faced on World to E1 upgrades in the AP, AR, GL, FA, Inventory, Procurement, Sales, MRP, Job Cost, CAM, HR, and Payroll modules.
In addition, throughout the week, KS2 will hold open user demos displaying their cloud-based, JD Edwards-integrated HomeSalesOne options software for homebuilders, as well as suite events over the course of the show.